Friday, October 23, 2015

1am; Take That To Do List!

So, it's a week later. Third post in; I'd make some disparaging remark about my consistency in updates and such, but I don't think anyone would notice to be honest. There is something kinda freeing in that. In the four years since I started tattooing, my friend list on FaceBlah has grown from somewhere around 70 or so people I actually knew to just a hair under 900 people, most of whom I've met once, if that. It's a good thing, mind you, as I make a fair amount of my living because of the site, and social networking in general. My tattoo shop still hasn't done too much in the way of advertising, so social media and word of mouth are exceedingly important to us.

However, as social networking has become more of a vehicle to keep folks abreast of the various things I'm fiddling with, I find myself posting less and less of my personal life. It seems like a work tool. Oddly enough this is too. But something about the slightly antiquated nature of an actual blog makes it seem like a more comfortable place to babble on due to the fact that you kind of have to seek it out. It's not the type of site that one would stumble on by accident, I guess. The posts aren't fed to any other social media other than the .com, which is also a bit of a thing of the past. Anyway

This week's been pretty busy. Getting set up for the Halloween promotion at the shop. $50 Flash sheets, and one of the rare occasions where we will do multiple executions of the same design. Mine are below, with much love to Del Toro, Supernatural, Rob Zombie, The Creature, and Hellboy. All of them are meant to be straight up line-drawings, but full color versions will likely be an option as well. It was enjoyable to draw some line work based portraits after all the full color photo-esq stuff I've been focused on the past few months. Immediately noticed a change in the initial sketch stages and general line weight choices.

Additionally, this weeks poster for the Uptown Theatre was an opportunity to draw a childhood favorite and the first name in horror; Freddy. A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 is kind of special film, for a multitude of reasons (most of which are to be covered in a crowd-funded documentary ((I'll find and post the link later, if it isn't already funded))), so it seemed like a good chance to go back to a straight up portrait, especially after the more designed-based pieces for The Birds and The Shining.

Also, because sometimes I do things like this to help me keep track of what I've been up to, below is the entirety of the posters for the Uptown Theatre to date.

And lastly, for a fun, a close-up of one of the pieces I'm working on for the solo gallery show coming up next month. More on that as it develops.

So that's about it for this one. Time to que up Fargo on NertFlerxs and get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment